7/28/09

Don't F___ With Me

Just yesterday I was looking for a Garmin since I had to navigate some dodgy dorpie called Moletsi somewhere in _________ (ask Garmin). I went to Google Earth and all I could tell was that there is a dam approximately ten or fifteen kilometres from it. And I knew that there is a community radio station that I had to be at to meet some very important and influencial people.


However I ended up not going because like any other business when you engage with it you have to tell them upfront how much are they likely to make. But when someone wants me to fly to some dodgy town in these days of service delivery protests without telling me how much will my sojourn reward me they are committing business suicide. Imagine me in this dodgy town looking all suspicious and the dudes there thinking that I am a spook sent to detect a Third Force.


Bang-bang, I just died like that. For what? Greed? No ways, I'm fine. So I couldn't tell my good friends that I was not going to rent a Garmin and navigate the bundu but I just chose to; let the call pass by. Some things are better off left unattended to. I mean how can someone tell me that they want to engage me for four days without telling me how much is my worth. Also I have serious beef with this trickle down service provision.


I mean that if Pan South Africa Language Board wants the constitution translated to my Sepulana language don't just bid for the job, pay the bribe and then ask yourself after signing the appointment letter how are you going to execute it. Don't think that the fact that I'm on your dial means I will say yes. I might be broke but I'm not cheap. I will tell you where to get off until you are ready to give me all that they are paying you. Because simply; you chewed more than you can swallow, so deal with it.


So. my heart is sad that I am disappointing some potential clients for the second time in one year. The same fucking people who always think of me as a secondary service provider. Forget Garmin and Google Earth, I'm home chilling, busy with my 1000 piece picture puzzle and collecting wines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awuleth' uMshini Wami, khuluma silalele, "