4/5/09

Blue Blood in my Veins

There are things that crack me up because they are funny. There are those that jest me simply because they are rendered by clue-less folks. This weekend City Press Pulse indulged my funny side. The kinky photogenic one with David Genaro (Jamie Bartlett) and his two naked mistresses Lucilla (KB Motsilanyane) and Diphuka (Tshepi Mashego) on the cover.


Tshepi gives us a little background, ‘I come from a very small conservative family and I’m the black sheep in the family because I decided to go perform on stage…’, let’s pause right there. I empathise with her because really the Mashego folks don’t understand that there’s life outside of working for the public service as clerks, teachers and nurses.

But then journalist Thato Mokhou, either by default or sub-editing omissions whereby close quotes go missing writes ‘SHE BELONGS TO A ROYAL FAMILY IN MPUMALANGA’. Oh Senhor Mokhou pause right there, we need to do research before we qualify some royal claims.

Collectively we Mapulana top echelon are called Bana Ba Tau Sehlano (Five Children of the Lion). It’s Mashego, Malele, Chilwane, Mogane and Mashile. So for anyone to claim that Tshepi is of royal blood is to insinuate that she’s either a niece my nephew or cousin, a claim that must be verified through DNA testing given that all Mashego’s inherit kingdoms when the head of the clan dies. And which I doubt the results will come back positive for someone born in Pitoli.

Otherwise it will insinuate that all the Mashegos you know, in entertainment (Peter Mashigo), politics, media (Mojalefa Mashego) sports (Katlego Mashego), civil society, and the public service are all royalty. Hahahaha, I ain’t never seen blue blood in my veins – and I’m the barometre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awuleth' uMshini Wami, khuluma silalele, "