4/6/09

The Chris Brown Fight club (Domestic Violence)

There was time were every teenage girl wanted to be in Rihanna’s shoes; young, talented, beautiful, wealthy, a killer anorexic body and R&B Chris for a boyfriend, who wont be envious. The buttons were pushed and every thing took a wrong turn, I wonder if she stills every girl’s dream. Well, like they say, ‘there’s a devil in every one of us’ I guess it was about time the devil manifested in the innocent singing sensational Chris’s behavior. He literally did what Mike did to Robin Givens, what my uncle did to my aunt, what my brother-in-law did to my sister but for him the world had to speak. Violence is disgusting, but against women its triple disgusting, its devilish, immoral, absurd, senseless to put bluntly its fucked up, bullshit. I’m on the verge of crying here, my aunt spent three months in hospital with a broken rib because my stupid uncle decided to defuse his testosterone steam on her. The dude married her for Christ’ sake, he confessed in front of hundreds, in front of God that he will love and protect her. How did we come here, why did we start the fight club…should we open more wrestling federation competition for men like Chris, my uncle and your next door neighbor?

According to POWA (people opposing woman abuse), between 19.6% and 28. 4% of women in Mzansi get physically abused by their spouse’s everyday. That’s ridiculous. Because of these, the government has implemented a program called 16 days of activism campaign against women abuse, for dicks like us to keep it in our conscious. Do we really need special campaigns to remind us that women are beautiful and special? Yes, just like us there are not perfect, no one is but whose decision is it to perfect the imperfect? I get pissed every time I hear stories such as Chris and Rihanna’s but when it happens close to home, its a shit different story. Men beats women, we see them everyday, we hear such stories and as individuals ‘ons doen niks’ about them, just like Pac said about Aids ‘we ignorant to it, until it happens to you’. Do we have to wait until that happens, until my aunt, my sister, your cousin, your teacher is buried? Just like hundreds of women out there my sister forgave her husband, Rihanna forgave Chris I guess we can justify violence. I mean forgiveness is biblical, religious… I’d love to see the day Iraq would forgive the Bushes.

I wrote this piece with anger and anguish, after I had an interesting discussion with my intelligent younger brother prior to our aunt being hospitalized, he said in his word “maybe it is in every man’s ability to come to a point where you want to strike or punch your partner” I didn’t understand what he said and I still don’t, and I now doubt his intelligence but if that time comes cant you go outside smoke a blunt, run a kilometer, find a punching bag, write a rhyme or scream to the atmosphere, go bungee jumping, fly a kite do something… I’m angry at myself.

Lehlogonolo

1 comment:

  1. Scary tale my friend, this Fight Club has so many members that in some Coloured communities they even have tag teams, mother-sister-brother versus father. but it's scary being a woman hey, i empathise and often wonder why women are so full of forgiveness when we haven't yet forgiven the snake even though it never lied to us but them

    ReplyDelete

Awuleth' uMshini Wami, khuluma silalele, "