3/17/09

Like Sands Through the Hour Glass - Generations Revisited

I’m going to touch on that old tired story about Generations and the reason why it sucks. One of my friends used to be its scriptwriter and thus I am going to be a little nice lest I chop the episode which she co-wrote.

But I mean in the real world the Mashaba family set-up leaves a lot to be desired. Actually the whole cast is funny. Here’s my innocent analysis;
That Khaphela has no girlfriend is funny since all humans are sexual beings. And for a widower who once dated Cleo (remember the reformed whore?) it is quite intriguing.

That the Mashaba household is made up of Kenneth (who speaks Sepedi) and Paul (who is Zulu) and a coloured girl who can’t speak neither is itself a joke. Then the two Mashaba children speak Sepedi while their stepmother is Tswana. Wow!

Can somebody please tell me when will Karabo ever get married and live happily ever after. I mean she has dated almost every single stud who came to the scene. And the story about her and her undating sister-in-law Queen sharing a roof is too good to be true.

There are millions of other things which are just not right and which come across as having been scripted into the soap for political correctness’ sake.

Ajax (Xhosa), Sharon (Tswana), Samuel (Zulu), Dlhomo (Zulu), Ntombi (Zulu), Dumisane (Xhosa), the doctor (Shangaan), Khethiwe (Zulu), Jabulani (Zulu from Limpopo). Okay, let me pause here before I’m accused of being a playerhater.

Next; the new ANC television advertisement. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awuleth' uMshini Wami, khuluma silalele, "