3/12/09

While You Were Sleeping

One of my few friends who are actually smart without having spent many hours absorbing academic indoctrination once warned me against sleeping, to the point that you gape and fail to comprehend what happened. I remembered him last night when while I was busy on my Facebook profile the template went - zig-zag-zog-zug- and I was suddenly working on something new. Not really knew because I have been reading about it for some time in newspapers but thinking, well, who cares.

So, with things passing people while they were sleeping I ended up having to think long and hard about what are the stories that come to my mind of people who have been deprived of benefits - tickets out of mishap by virtue of loving good old sleep. I can think of a few friends who today were supposed to be working a Global Forests or the mines if they didn't miss the 04h00 bus. The one that is the opposite of hell in Winter.

I know of how some people missed blessings because when the Lord told them to close their eyes for a prayer they fell asleep and had to be awakened three times. I know of a thief who broke into a department store to steal but ended up filling his little tummy with food and beverages that the first time he opened his eyes was when the Constable was fixing the handcuffs into his wrists.

I know of a person whose partner was ruffled up (in bed) while the sod was dreaming. So, next time you watch Generations and Karabo stresses about Paul typing through the night when he should be doing the job and Queen defending him that probably that's when his creative juices flow well in the wee hours of the morning, take a cue, while everybody was dreaming and bonking, it's easier for you to think rationally because all the important thoughts are flowing just waiting for a hungry brain to tap on them.
Somebody made R400 by donating 4millilitres of sperm at the Sperm Bank - while you were sleeping. He made R400 and today he might date you or even buy you beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awuleth' uMshini Wami, khuluma silalele, "